SSB Casserole Cookie Bars
If you only know me from YHN, you might not know that I like to cross stitch. And by "like" I mean... it's an obsession. So much so, that I am currently participating in a Mystery Steotchalong on a team called the Southern Stitchin' Bitches (SSB for short and polite company!) We recently had a challenge where we had to create a cookie recipe that represented our team. We had two, but this is the one that we eventually submitted. It was created by Debra Cooley and I think you'll agree that this is a dessert that even Buddy the Elf would embrace!!
- Sugar cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Butter cookies
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Blocks Cream cheese Softened
- 4 Cups Powdered sugar
- Gather your ingredients.
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Grease 9x13 Baking Pan
- Add eggs and cream cheese to the bowl. (You can feel free to use a mixer but we were watching football so I just did it all by hand.)
- Mix together Eggs and Cream Cheese until well combined.
- Add Powdered Sugar 1 cup at a time and mix until very creamy.
- Beating the powdered sugar in by hand is hard but I figure I used up a bunch of calories doing it that way and I also didn't have to miss any plays of the game. Also... I'm not about to use a mixer on my favorite jadeite.
- These cookies were so soft that I added them to the pan and then crumbled them with a wooden spoon.
- Layer crumbled Sugar Cookies in the bottom of the 9x13 pan.
- Top with ½ of the Cream Cheese mixture
- Layer crumbled Chocolate Chip Cookies on top the Cream Cheese mixture.
- Spread remaining Cream Cheese mixture on top.
- Top with crumbled butter cookies. Optional add ins: Pecans, Peanuts, Coconut, Sprinkles
- Bake uncovered for approximately 35 minutes or until the center starts to brown and firm up.
- Let cool then cut and enjoy.
For more information about the Steotchalong, please visit https://steotch.com/mystery-stitchalong/
Share this Recipe